STOP Domestic Violence
Support, Encourage, empower, The Scared, The Silent, The Abused
Massage is Beneficial to those who have experienced trauma.
Many people understand the benefits of Massage Therapy for relaxation. However, receiving a therapeutic medical Massage for physical injury, trauma, abuse, cancer, bullying, depression and pain can benefit a person who has gone through life-altering situations. Massage benefit those dealing with deeper sources of anguish caused by trauma, especially those with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Known as PTSD. The power of touch through Massage Therapy goes beyond healing the muscles of the body; it can be a source of relief for those coping with the effects of traumatic events the body holds onto unwanted hurts and pain and releasing those pain can be traumatic, however, once they are released the clients feel a sense of relief.
Massage therapy can improve a person’s emotional health by reducing stress and
- Increasing serotonin reduces depression, reduces depression, pain and enhances immune function thereby reducing bacterial and viral illnesses.
- Six 30-minute massages can ease pain and improve the mood of people with advanced
- Massages can help reduce depression in both children and pregnant women.
- Getting a massage on a regular basis can be beneficial to your health.
- Massage therapy can be helpful for trauma victims.
- Aside from physical pain, victims of trauma, past or present, will often hold memories of such events in their muscle tissues.
- By receiving a massage from a trained professional, one can get back in touch with
their body and be able to release the held emotions.
Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.